Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Movies...

I watched "200 Pounds Beauty" ( A Korean Movie ) last week. The story tells the tale about a large girl that undergoes an extreme makeover to become a pop sensation. It's really funny especially the beginning and the middle part but I thought the ending was a little anti-climax. Love the songs though and the main actor was kind of cool.

However, I think that it is still miles better than a lot of stuff made locally like the one I recently watched "Anak Halal". The Malaysian movie scene really needs improvement. The only ones that I enjoyed were "Sepit", "Gubra" and most of Yasmin Ahmad's movies.

Thankfully our music scene supersedes our movie scene. I sometimes listen to some really good local songs and they are rather awesome........

2 comments:

Wendy Yeap said...

ST, It's also my favourite movie ... and I believe that if she can do it, so can we .... with Total Life's Help, of course.....hehehehehe....

Estee Soo said...

I also think tt the korean movie is just silly. The actress is over doing it, too much crying and everything. A waste of time!!! :P