Monday, July 02, 2007

What an Eventful Weekend !!


I was on duty over the weekend at the hotel. So, basically the hotel was home for me for two nights. Normally, whenever I am on duty the weekend is rather smooth and quiet. Little did I know that I was expecting the unexpected........

As it almost came to an end on Sunday evening, I received an emergency page via the pager. It wrote "gst drowning" and it went on nonstop. I was sitting in CHA the tea bistro with Voon Chong and we have just ordered dinner. We immediately rushed to the scene and there was already a small crowd. All I could see was the girl's legs and she was lying next to the pool area motionless...... I calmly walk over and saw that there were two ladies helping the girl by tilting her head to the side so that the water will not choke her. They were drenched and were dressed in jeans and t-shirt. Voon Chong was already helping the them.

At that very moment, I was thinking to myself "please, please don't die on me". I quickly regain my posture, asked one of the ladies if the victim was breathing and she said "yes". There was a sigh of relief from all of us. The hotel's Emergency Response Team arrived after me and I gave instruction to call for ambulance immediately. Thereafter, the girl regain consciousness but was very weak, she could hardly talk. She later whispered that "kaki sakit tadi" and we all knew that she had a leg cramp. The ambulance arrived 15 minutes later and she was admitted for observation.

Further investigation reveals that the two ladies were related to the victim. One was a senior purser with CX and the other was her older sister from Penang visiting her. The victim was actually the sister's maid. She was playing with the children in the pool whilst the two sisters were chit chatting.

Phew...I was glad when it was all over. It was definately the most eventful moment for me and I will remember this incident for a long, long time...................

No comments: